How exciting - our new website is live! Oh my!
Featuring cleaner page layouts, fewer pages, faster loading times (occasionally), wittier gifs, 5 lines of jQuery and an all-round better browsing experience.
Since Issue 1 has been such a success, we’re making another! We’re calling it Issue 2. It’s going to be great.
If you’re interested in being part of it, contributing photography or illustrations, just shoot us an email: http://what-hype.com/contact.html
We look forward to hearing from you!
Merry Christmas from everyone at WHAT HYPE. Have a good one!
OUR NEW STORE IS OPEN! Why not check it out and maybe buy a magazine (no longer pre-order)
Now the magazines have arrived, I’m in the process of packing and sending off the preorders. I’m really excited for the official launch next week!
We now have a Twitter, but don't expect me to take it seriously because I don't really want one
Finishing off the editorial designs…
For those of you who have pre-ordered our first issue, this is a little disclaimer, and an apology, because things have been moving a bit slow with the mag and it’s looking like it’ll be printed and ready to send off in late October, a tad later than I originally planned.
The mag itself is finished (just a bit more design tweaking and getting details off contributors to do), but I’m having money issues. We’ve received quite a few pre-orders, but not enough to fund the print run (as expected), so I’m paying with my own money. No problem, that was always the plan, but my current financial situation means those who have pre-ordered Issue 1 will have to wait a little longer for it to show up on their doorstep.
Sorry for the inconvenience, and please don’t think WHAT HYPE is dead! It’s not even started yet!
ps. Placing a pre-order will help speed things up, and why not do it now rather than when the mag’s printed? It’s only £4.50!
Hey y’all, here’s a few developments with the magazine recently:
- I now have a quote for the first print run, which is pretty reasonable and will more than fit under our £4.50 unit price. I’m getting really excited about this now!
- I received my order of fun little cards that will come with the issue. You’ll have to order a copy to see what the cards are about.
- We’ve got our first few orders! Wahoo! But keep ‘em coming, order one here. They’re kinda cheap, really.
- The 4-mag subscription is almost ready to put on sale. I had to fiddle around with some numbers, so the price has gone up a tad, but you get free posters!
- The website is slightly updated.
- And the issue is nearly done! I’ve been designing the layouts, just need a few extra things from our contributors, then I put in the order.
So please please please advertise this mag to your friends/followers, the more people pre-order the issue, the quicker it will get printed. Really.
You can now PRE-ORDER issue 1! Go go go!
Anonymous said: Oh hi william it's me :) just want to say I like your website. I'm done here.